Even though it is still snowing, the temperature is up enough for Paul and I to get back to work and replace two termite damaged headers.
Renovation#ToTheMaxx - Wk9 Building Walls
After replacing some major base supports, Paul and I constructed two new walls.
Renovation#ToTheMaxx - Wk10 Front Exterior Wall
After a nice relaxing week in Miami, I am back to work, AND I am using time-lapse video. The focus is on the front wall - replacing termite damaged columns, furring up the wall, and attaching plywood to the front exterior.
Renovation#ToTheMaxx - Wk11 Wrapping Up Downstairs
Paul, my dad, and I were all at work this week straightening new walls in a 100 year old frame, installing header joists, and building interior walls. Although the video blog is a little short, don't think that we slacked off this week.
Renovation#ToTheMaxx - Wk12 Floor & Chimney Demo
Lots of demo work going on this week. Paul and I tore out the rest of the downstairs floor, and I demolished a chimney.
Renovation#ToTheMaxx - Wk13 Building Another Floor
We are starting to build another floor this week - that includes pouring concrete footers, tearing out walls, building beams, and putting in joists.
Renovation#ToTheMaxx - Wk14 Kitchen Area Construction
It's been a busy week - pouring concrete, demolishing structure, building walls, installing floors, and insulating the basement.
Renovation#ToTheMaxx - Wk15 Floor Joists, AdvanTech, & Some Demo
Week 15 was rather busy - we squared off the floors in the kitchen, started into the hallway, and what is construction without a little bit of demo.
Renovation#ToTheMaxx - Wk16 New Wall Becomes a Demo Project
We started a couple of projects, backtracked a little bit because of a hollow support, and then spent the rest of the week doing some major demo work.
Renovation#ToTheMaxx - Wk17 Floor Prep Work
This week was spent doing demo and prep work for the installation of the rest of the floor downstairs.
Renovation#ToTheMaxx - Wk18 Finish Building Downstairs Floor
And (drum roll please...) we have finally finished building a new floor for the first level of the house. This week we finished the last phase of the floor installation as we installed new bonds, joists, bridging, and Advantek. It was quite the week because it is easy to see how much progress we made.
Renovation#ToTheMaxx - Wk19 Wall & Header
To build a wall and a header, we had to do some intense demo work and keep the weight of the roof supported while we did so. With a careful and meticulous eye, Paul and I demo-ed a major supporting wall and rebuilt it. Then we moved upstairs to replace a rotted header.
Week 20 brought some major changes to the front exterior of the house. We finally removed the siding of the front, upstairs wall. Then we framed the wall and its five windows on 16's, sheeted the rest of the front exterior with plywood, and then stapled on Tyvek. Also, now that it's June, the days are getting hotter...
Renovation#ToTheMaxx - Wk21 Walls, Walls, Walls
Walls was the project of Week 21. We worked on exterior walls downstairs and upstairs - getting them on a 16 inch layout, framing out space for windows, then sheeting the exterior facing side with plywood. It is definitely getting hot here in Tennessee, so we are working upstairs in the morning, when it is a little cooler, then moving downstairs in the heat of the afternoon because it is like a sauna upstairs.
Renovation#ToTheMaxx - Wk 22 Even More Walls
Similar to last week, we are working hard to build walls, especially exterior wall, so that we can move on and install a new roof on the house.
Max Tingle - Renovation#ToTheMaxx - Week 74 (1/3)
I started grad school back in August. While I was away, my dad picked up where I left off on the house. A LOT has happened, so I wanted to give you an update.
Max Tingle - Renovation#ToTheMaxx - Week 74 (2/3)
The most recent project my dad has been working on is installing the exterior siding. We based the siding design on a zero energy house designed by the University of Tennessee.
Max Tingle - #RenovationToTheMaxx - Week 74 (3/3)
While I was home on summer break, I helped my dad with a quick Father's Day project. We drilled and busted out a hole in a concrete wall for a sewer pipe.